Student Supervision Fees
The Board determines the level of adequate supervision for each of its elementary and high schools and establishes the cost of providing such services. In April of each year, the services covered and the related costing for the following school year are reviewed. The Parents’ Committee is consulted on the same data. It is the Council of Commissioners who approve Student Supervision Fee amounts.
The Council of Commissioners has resolved that Student Service Fees be self-financing, as the service is not funded by the Quebec Ministry of Education; it has also resolved that:
- the fee charged for student supervision be established for the 2018-2019 year at $150 per student for all elementary and high schools;
- a $20 collection fee be imposed for all collection notices sent by registered or certified mail;
- a $25 administration fee, exclusive of any collection fee previously imposed by the collection agency, be added to each uncollected account to defray the cost to the Board for collecting unpaid accounts that will undergo legal collection procedures after a “third and final notice” has been issued;
- all additional fees imposed by the collection agency be at the expense of the debtor; and
- a $20 service charge be imposed on all returned items (NSF cheques, stop payment, etc.) related to the payment of the Student Service Fees.
Parents may also expect to pay fees for the following:
- Specialized programming;
- Field trips;
- School levy fees;
- Specialized materials;
- Gym clothes;