Kindergarten is the first step in a lifelong journey that will see your child learn, grow, achieve and succeed. We look forward to sharing this journey with you and your child. As a parent or guardian, you are your child’s most important teacher. Together, you and your child’s teacher can create the nurturing environment that will lead to a lifelong love of learning. In Kindergarten, your child will participate in a full range of activities – planned, taught, and supported by caring adults.
Get Ready for the First Day!
- Be enthusiastic about school.
- Talk about the new routine.
- Attend the Kindergarten Orientation and find out the name of your child’s teacher.
- Establish a new bed time and wake-up schedule and include a healthy breakfast.
- Walk to school or to the bus stop with your child a few times before school starts.
- Get everything ready the day before.
- Have your child help pack his/her school bag and lunch box, set out clothes for the next day.
The First Day!
- Get up as early as possible.
- Enjoy breakfast together.
- Saying goodbye can be emotional for your child – and yourself!
Reassure your child by making it quick with a warm hug. Be enthusiastic!
- Remind your child that you will be at the bus stop or at school at
pick up time.
- Keep communicating with your child on a daily basis about his/her experiences at school.