All of our elementary schools now offer this program!
The Preschool Education Program for 4-Year-Olds has a threefold mandate:
- to provide all children with equal opportunities
- to ensure that they develop in all areas
- to see to it that they believe in their abilities and discover the pleasure of learning
Through play, the Pre-K program focuses on the global development of the child and encompasses five domains of development (below).
All three of Quebec’s early childhood education programs (daycare, 4-Year-Old Preschool and 5-Year-Old Kindergarten) follow the same five domains; helping prepare your child as they start their educational journey!
Click here for the complete Preschool Education Program for 4-Year-Olds from the Quebec Ministry of Education.
The Preschool Education Program for 5-Year-Olds (Kindergarten) has a threefold mandate:
- to serve as a rite of passage that gives children a liking for school
- to foster children’s overall development by motivating them to exploit their full potential
- to lay the social and cognitive groundwork that will prepare children for their future schooling and enable them to continue to learn throughout their lives
The play-based Kindergarten program fosters children’s overall development, through six closely linked competencies that build on the five domains established in the daycare and Preschool Education Program for 4-Year-Olds.
Click here for the complete Preschool Education Program from the Quebec Ministry of Education.