In January 2022, the Council of Commissioners opened Policy FCB “Major School or Centre Change” due to potential overcrowding in three areas: our four Chateauguay elementary schools (CPS, Harmony, MGS, St. Will), Gault Institute (Valleyfield), and the Chateauguay Valley Career Education Centre (Ormstown).
Our first consultation ended on September 23. Thank-you for your feedback!
Our second consultation will launch on October 15 – stay tuned!
To help analyse the situation in our elementary schools, you will find following:
• Maps of our school collection zones
• Our enrolment history
• Enrolment projections (by Baragar*) for the years 2023, 2024, and 2025.
• Enrolment projections (by the Ministry of Education)
• NFSB Three-Year Plan (which indicates our buildings’ capacities)
Some information regarding the Chateauguay Valley Career Education Centre:
• There are over 150 vocational students and 25 employees at the Centre each day.
• The cafeteria can seat up to 64 people; the parking lot can accomodate 70 vehicles.
• Space is needed, especially to offer programming to help address labour shortages in the health and construction sectors.
• Carpentry currently has a minimum one-year waiting list.
• By the nature of the projects, the shops cannot be shared between day and evening groups.
*Baragar is a school data information system that is used by many school boards; NFSB has been using it for 20+ years.